Religion and Money

Share the joy
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

I have a lot of beefs about religion and belief in supernatural beings. For instance, it helps promote war. In case anybody missed it, the war on Iraq was surreptitiously promoted as a “crusade” against those “Islamic terrorists”, and our rights are still being stripped in the name of “Islamic terrorism”. And that’s just the latest example of religion being used to promote war.

But my biggest problem with religion is that it conditions people to accept an unquestioning obedience to authority. How many times have you been told in answer to a question, “You must have faith” or “god works in mysterious ways”? Since beliefs in the supernatural are inherently based on flawed human “scripture” and let’s face it, not based in any physical reality, they kind of have to squelch independent thought, otherwise they wouldn’t have lasted this long. Does the name Galileo ring a bell? He had a problem with the Roman Catholic Church that Wikipedia euphemistically calls “Controversy over heliocentrism”. Uh yeah, they wanted to kill him for even suggesting that the Earth revolves around the Sun, as it actually happens to do, because their “Holy Book” claimed otherwise.

What the heck does religion have to do with money? Well, other than religions across the world have more money than god (that’s a pun), if they even think about it, most people seem to believe that government creates our money. Of course, that begs the question that if the government creates the money, how in the world is it that the US is $16 trillion in debt and growing? If the US government creates our money, why is the government is debt and where did these lenders get the money to loan the government in the first place? Have you ever thought about this? In the work-a-day world, probably not. It’s not taught in schools. You don’t hear about it in the media, except if you listen to some business news when they say “The Fed is using its balance sheet” and wonder what that means and go back to eating dinner or driving home.

What it means is the Federal Reserve is buying debt (the “asset” side of the balance sheet) by using money it created from nothing (the “liability” side of the balance sheet). They just type in some numbers into a computer and “buy” things like government bonds, and lately mortgage backed securities and other forms of debt. Where does the money come from? Why, they just “poof” it into existence. But that’s only 10% of the money supply, where does the rest come from? The answer is, commercial banks. They create the other 90% in the same way as the Fed, by loaning money to you and me (at interest) simply by placing your loan documents on the “asset” side of the ledger and writing the loan money into the “liabilities” side. They claim to be loaning out deposits, but yet claim you can always withdraw all your money from your account so how does that make sense? The truth of the matter is they create the money to loan you based solely on your promise to pay it back and charge you interest on it.

So like religion, where people believe without question ancient myths simply because they are, bluntly, brainwashed into it, so too does the money system we have only operate with your “confidence” because you have been programmed to not even raise questions about it, even when it is operating against your best interests and in the interests of the “experts”.   Religious leaders and bankers operate the same way, keeping you in the dark about their true motives, which are power and control.

The only way to strip these people of their inordinate power is to educate yourself. Educate yourself about the real basis and purpose of religion, and even more importantly, educate yourself about the mother of all Ponzi schemes, the fractional reserve banking money system.
Otherwise, you sentence yourself and your children to continued slavery for the benefit of others, others to whom power and profit and greed and control are the most important things. It’s time to wake up, people!


Share the joy
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply